Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New Things

I started writing this blog last Tuesday and ran out of time so when it says it was nice and cold outside, you will know it was definitely not today!

Today is a wonderful day. I can smell the crisp, clean air of fall and can feel the cold breeze on my face. I love fall--not as much as winter--but it is the change I like. Fall is like a tease sent from winter, something to satisfy us until the real weather arrives. Time to pull out the scarves, long sleeve T's and fleece. Our God is so amazing isn't he? He knew we wouldn't be satisfied with static weather patterns and the same ole same ole.

Well it's official: we are moved in and unpacked. We had an amazing crew of people who helped us move in. Without them, we would probably still be moving--and unpacking! I cannot imagine having done it by ourselves. I would have been stressed out for weeks.

Ok that's all the old stuff. So this morning my wonderful husband made me breakfast and it was YUMMY! It is such a treat for him to cook because he usually doesn't have much time during the week after he gets home from work.

Here is a recipe I am going to try this week! I love Italian food so this should be pretty yummy.

Bolognese Sauce
2 strips bacon, finely chopped
2 medium onion, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, (guess what) finely chopped
2 lbs. ground beef chuck
Salt and pepper
2 cups whole milk
Pinch of ground nutmeg
2 cans 28 oz. crushed tomatoes in puree

Serve over bed of favorite pasta.


So I made it through an entire week of simulation labs at school. I can officially care for and ressucitate a newborn baby. I really, really love it. I used to think I wanted to be a labor & delivery nurse, but now the nursery/NICU is looking pretty good. Maybe I can do some of both. I would love that. I am so lame though, Tim and I were in WalMart and there was a pregnant lady ahead of us in line, it was then when I realized I am obsessed with pregnant people. They're awesome.

I promise to start putting pictures on here in the future! It's pretty boring without them. I am just not good at remembering to take pictures.

I cannot think of another thing to write other than the fact that Texas Tech better win the football game I am watching right now. GO TECH! (I love football for those that are new to me.)

As always, I thank my heavenly Daddy for fall, cool weather, football, pregnant people, babies, and allowing me to be a NURSE!

Goodnight!

Katherine

2 comments:

  1. That recipe looks so yummy!! Let us know if it turns out as yummy as it looks so that we can all try it as well!! You will be our guinea pig! So glad that your move went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I realized I am obsessed with pregnant people. They're awesome."

    You're awesome. :-D

    ReplyDelete