Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Kitchen

I love to cook.

Cooking is one of my favorite things to do. Other than my close friends, not many people know this about me. If I could describe an almost perfect day for myself (I say almost because I like to cook alone, therefore, my perfect day would always include my husband :)) it would be like this: waking up preferably after 11 a.m., going to the grocery store, and coming home to cook a nice meal. Doesn't take much to keep me happy! I was sitting in class today when a classmate asked me if I like to cook. I said YES! She then asked where I learned to cook? I told her I learned from my mom, but it got me thinking: not everyone learned to cook while growing up! I never really thought about it. I guess I was blessed with a mother who knows how to cook and cooks really well! So, anyway, if anyone wants any easy recipes or needs a cooking lesson, call me!

Disclaimer: This post was in no way inspired by the recent movie "Julia & Julia"; it's not that good.

As always, I thank my Daddy for grocery stores, cookbooks, recipes and His unending love.

Katherine

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I liked "Julia and Julia"... it made me hungry though! Love spending time with you guys the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cooking too!! You would love orgjunkie.com if you haven't already discovered it! Every Monday hundreds of people post their menus for the week... most with recipes. It's so fun! We should all have a big recipe exchanging party... seriously! It would be a blast! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete