Monday, October 12, 2009

What a week.

It has been quite a week around here.

Let's see: I had two days of clinical and two tests last week. I was one tired person on Thursday afternoon. My wonderful husband took me out for dinner one night which was awesome. (It is sad that I cannot even remember what night. It was such a quick and busy week) Friday night we went over to the Tiland's for some games. Angela and I got our butts kicked at Pictionary AND Taboo--so not the norm. Mike and Tim have been getting a lot better at Taboo so that was okay, but we never lose at Pictionary. We had a good evening together otherwise! Saturday Tim had an eye appointment, a hair cut, and he had to go into work for a few hours, so I spent the day cleaning and working on my online class. This was also the day that I developed a cough and a really tight feeling chest--uh oh. We went over to my parents for dinner that evening and also watched the TTU game with them. It was fun.

Sunday is another story. We decided to go get breakfast at Starbucks. I wasn't feeling to well, but I wasn't awful either. I only ordered coffee because I was not hungry. We went to the 11:30 service which was really good by the way, but half-way through it I was shaking like a leaf. It was terrible. Long story short we went home and I had a 101.9 fever and hurt all over.

Now it's Monday and I just got home from the doctor: I am the proud owner of the flu. Yuck-E. I missed clinical today which I am so mad about because I was on the labor and delivery floor, not to mention now I have to make it up later in the semester. Wonderful. So I will be spending the rest of the day trying to fight fever and get comfortable, (ya right) because my whole body hurts to sit, hurts to lay down, and hurts to stand.

One good thing about today however: the weather! Love it! If it were 20 degrees colder, it would probably be a snow day.

As always I am thankful for immune systems, Vitamin C, and a great friend that brings you homemade soup!

Have a great Monday.

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment