Tuesday, December 29, 2009

An update just for you.

Good afternoon from the frozen tundra of Wisconsin.

My sister-in-law Beth and I left Saturday morning, the 26th, at 11 a.m. and were supposed to arrive in Chicago at 4 p.m. Unfortunately we got stuck in Houston because the weather was bad in Chicago. So, instead of leaving Houston at 1:00 we left at 6:30. It doesn't sound so bad except that once we get to Chicago we have about a 4 hour drive to her parents house. We finally got there at 2 a.m. Yikes! It was a long day!

The next day was the wedding so we were up and going at 8 a.m. The wedding went wonderfully and the bride was simply beautiful. It was a bitter sweet wedding for me, and most certainly Beth. My mind and heart couldn't help but wander back to the previous wedding in Wisconsin in May when I watched Beth and Jared stand at the alter and say the exact vow's Ruthanne and Matt were now taking. The message the pastor gave was very appropriate. He spoke of how a husband or a wife is always supposed to be loving the other in a way that it glorifies God and prepares them to one day go and kneel at the feet of our King. This was a picture of how Beth loved Jared from day one to his last day. We should all strive to love our spouses everyday as if it could be the last.

Yesterday was a lazy day. We never left the house. I think everyone was able to catch up on some much needed rest and recuperate from the wedding chaos--all except Tim's dad who had to work! There are tons of barn cats running around the homestead which I really enjoy although it makes me miss my little kitty girl at home! Tim says she walks around the house and meows like she's looking for me! It makes my heart ache. I miss her!! We thought we might have lost her after our trip to Lubbock for Christmas. Tim finally found her on Saturday night!

Well today should be just about as uneventful as yesterday which is perfectly fine with me! I am going to enjoy playing games with the siblings and spoiling the barn cats who have already decided they like me...or could it be that they like the food I give them? Neh, it's me.

I hope everyone has enjoyed their holiday season! And hey, it's not even over yet! Tim and I will be heading to Ruidosa on the 31st so this may be my last post for a bit. I have a few pictures to put up when I get home so look forward to that! I promise to do better at posting!!

As always I am extra grateful today for SNOW, white weddings, and barn cats. I pray that the King of Kings blesses us with good traveling weather in the next few days too...or lots of patience!

Goodbye!
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment