Sunday, November 29, 2009

Good Evening.

Hey everyone!

It's been a great week here. First we started off with Thanksgiving lunch in Lubbock last Saturday. It was the only day my cousin could be off, so we worked with her schedule and ate some early turkey! I baked a dessert called Sopapilla Cheesecake and it was YUMMY! You all need the recipe. After school on Monday and Tuesday I had the rest of the week off. Unfortunately Tim only had Thursday off, but it was wonderful to spend a whole entire day with him. On Thursday, the official Turkey day, we went to my parents house to have even more turkey with mom and dad, Granny, Josiah, and Spencer. Oh my goodness there was SO much food! We enjoyed visiting, playing games, and watching some good football. After that, we wheeled ourselves home and attempted to roll into bed.

So, now that Thanksgiving was over, it was time to get the lights on the house and the tree decorated--which we did in 2 days. Oh yes, it was a busy 2 days but we got it all done by golly. I can't stress enough how much I absolutely love Christmas and ALL that it entails. After decorating over at mom and dad's I got to decorate our place. Twice the fun. There wasn't much I could do seeing that we live in an apartment, but I put up a 4 foot tree, hung stockings--even one for Jinx :)--and put up just about every other decoration I could find, without making it look tacky of course.

Today was quite a lazy Sunday for us. Tim is under the weather--fever, aches, chills and a headache to top it off. We skipped out on church so he could stay home and rest as well as keep his germs to himself. We got him some antibiotics so hopefully he will be back to 100% soon. I hate when he gets sick! I feel so helpless. There is only so much soup I can make and medicines I can give him. As I write, my adorable little kitten is napping on my lap. She thanked me personally earlier today for hanging a stocking for her. She asked Santa to bring her some catnip toys and lots of food because she is a big fat pig. I love her so much!

Well that is all from me for now. I am very excited for the change in weather so we can actually experience a little bit of winter! I hope it snows soon!

As always I thank my Daddy for purring kittens and Christmas decor, and pray that He continue to put in my heart the real reason of Christmas.

Stay warm!
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment