Thursday, July 2, 2009

Greetings from 13,000 feet.

I am sitting in a hotel room in Santa Fe awaiting the arrival of Tim and Spencer.

Dad, Mom and I drove from Midland to Santa Fe today--our pit stop before continuing on to Pegosa Springs, Colorado. We are joining my grandparents, aunt and uncle and cousins for a fourth of July celebration. When we arrived in Santa Fe we checked in and then went to the famous "square". It mostly consists of thousands of art shops and hippies--great for people watching. After the hippie fest we moseyed (I have no idea how to spell that), we lingered on over to a quite interesting Mexican food retaurant that opened only a week ago. The owner, Maria, and her sister were the only ones working in this 10 tabled place--oh, and their 4 kids. It was--well--obviously new and fairly edible. We ended the night with a bit of reckless gambling. I actually won $5!! Wow. Dad won about $8. We must be full of luck--or stupidity.

Well now I will continue to watch half of Pirates of the Carribean and half of a show on Discovery Health. Pray for our safe travels further up into the mountains to Colorado tomorrow and that the boys make it here safely--and soon please.

As always, I continue to enjoy my heavenly Daddy's enduring love and thank him for another day of humor and time with family.

Goodnight!

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment