Friday, October 5, 2012

Pregnancy. Part II.

14 weeks: Girl or boy? Yes, we want to know! One of the perks of working at the clinic was being able to do the sex-check sono at 14.4 weeks instead of the usual 18-20. Gender reveal party? Please. I can't even wait til Christmas to open my presents. We found out during the ultrasound: GIRL! What exciting news--I would have said that if it were a boy though. You don't really care what the gender is as long as he or she is healthy and growing. (God and I secretly know that I need a helper around this crazy house, so He is sending us a perfect little girl--not that boys can't help too, but, okay I'll stop there). We gathered the family for dinner that evening and announced the gender. Everyone was excited. The first thing I bought . . .



So now that the appetite is finally back and fully working I started being able to cook and eat again--something you don't miss until it's gone. I first felt her move around 18 weeks. It's not a movement where your like "oh, a kick!". It's more of a subtle "what was that?". Tim was able to feel her very shortly thereafter. Here comes a bit of a bump!

20 weeks


Here's the little girl around 22 weeks. She has some pretty long legs!



The second trimester was pretty easy. No real 'cravings' to speak of although I did find myself favoring pumpkin things. I still favor pumpkin things though . . . I think cravings are something a lazy pregnant person made up long ago to have an excuse for sending her husband to the store because she was hungry. Anyway . . . 

23-24 weeks.


28 weeks.


32 weeks.


That gets you up to 32 weeks. There's still a little bit to go but we are almost there! Time flies!

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment