Thursday, February 4, 2010

Oh my.

It has been a crazy last couple of weeks.

I started clinical in the ER over at Medical Center Hospital in Odessa. I have to be there at 6:30 a.m. and get off at 7 p.m. Some weeks I will be over there Wednesday and Thursday, and some weeks just Friday. It is weird to leave the house while it's dark outside and drive home in the evening also in the dark. I have been able to see a lot of crazy/fun things over there and really really love being in the ER. I will get to stay there all semester long. Oh ya--I still have class--and it is challenging. We have a cardiac test coming up that'll be a doozie.

Tim's job has kept him extremely busy the last few weeks as well. We feel like we hardly see each other some nights, especially when I have clinical. We have just enough time to scarf down a meal together and say goodnight! He works most days from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Starting these 12-hour clinicals has really been an eye-opening experience for me and I now know just how exhausted he is when he gets home. It's rough. But hey, it is only a season!

My little baby kitty goes tomorrow to have some "female" surgery. I hope it helps to settle her down because she wakes me up a lot at night. Though I will feel sorry for her tomorrow night, I am looking forward to some post-op peace :) Poor thing.

Well we don't have too many plans in the upcoming weeks other than endless school and work/clinical. I am super excited to watch the Saints beat the Colts! I hope they win! They have never even been to the Super Bowl before so how cool would it be if they won?

I guess that is all I can think up to say in this post!

Have great weekends everyone!

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment