Monday, May 23, 2011

Seriously . . .


I am really awful at posting regularly on here huh? I can't believe how long it's been. I have missed it though. I enjoying reading all of your blogs so I feel guilty not posting on my own!

Where to start . . . since I haven't breathed a word since January . . .

Our four legged child! Yes, he is wonderful--barking at the biker going down our street right now. Ok, he really doesn't bark that often, only when the neighbor dogs stir him up or when he is trying to alert his poor mama that there is danger--which he is good at. He has 2 barks: one is a silly bark which is more like a huff from his jowls, the other is a code red fire alarm bark that means DANGER! You cannot mistake the two. I'll never forget the first time I heard his #2 bark. I was standing in my closet collecting hangers while the back door was open for Major to come in and out as he pleased (cut down on indoor accidents--mind you this was several months ago--he is potty trained now hallelujah). Suddenly this 3-1/2 month old 45 pound dog turns on his imminent danger, code red bark. Needless to say I dropped all 1,284,832 hangers and ran to the back door. The sweet protective pup butt-slammed me as I tried to walk out to the backyard. He literally sniffed the perimeter of the yard before allowing me to walk outside. Did I tell you how much I love him?! I still don't know what caused the code red bark but I am glad I didn't have to find out! He has only performed his #2 bark one other time.

Here is my baby at 5-1/2 months old: 60 pounds.


We also visited Tim's family in Wisconsin--brrr. 40's in April is different to me! Anyway, one whole week of nothing to do. It was wonderful. We drove around a few times and decided we could live there--except in the winter when there is like 4 feet of snow, so just kidding.

Here is the spot I picked out to build a house.


We also hosted Mother's Day at our house. We had a great time eating and . . . eating? Oh my, we like to eat. I'm surprised we don't all weigh 300 pounds.

Sweet potato/regular fries and lots of meat!



Ooo we also painted the kitchen! I will show you before and afters so you can capture the ugliness of before.




Thanks for putting up with my lack of posting. I know I always say it but I will try to do better! I start back to school again in June so life will get busy once again. Thanks for hanging out with me for a few minutes!

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment